Dornan are currently recruiting for a Junior Quantity Surveyor to work on a large project in Denmark.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
The QS will support the Senior QS to ensure all costs relating to project are managed, from the initial calculations to the final figures and seeks to minimize the costs of the project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. This role would suit someone with up to a year in industry or a recent graduate, wanting to gain experience in Denmark.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assist in the validation of the tender following award of project with the Senior QS/QS.
- Assist in preparation of project CCS by analysing the tender and project requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of cash flow by analysing the timing of sales and costs.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports in accordance with Group standard procedures.
- Where applicable carry out site measures with the Construction or Planning Teams in accordance with contractual procedures.
- Ensure that you attend monthly subcontractor and commercial meetings.
- Draft pre- and post-contract correspondence in consultation with Project Manager/Director.
- Compile S/E Ratio reports in conjunction with the Construction or Planning Teams.
- Identify if material purchases are scope or a variation.
- Ensure that the set-up of site administration procedures is drafted by taking cognizance of client / Group requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of client invoicing by submission of invoices and tracking of.
- Prepare payment certificates to subcontractors and suppliers by reviewing submissions in terms of contracts with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Deal with the client or PQS professionally to support progressing commercial/contract matters.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work in a team.
- All other reasonable tasks assigned to you from time to time from your manager
- 0 to 1 years of experience working with in a commercial team
- Quantity Surveying degree or equivalent
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor