Dornan are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor (Instrumentation) to work on site on a Biorefinery Project in Germany.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Commercial, Waste to Energy & Power Generation.
The successful candidate will assist in the preparation of up-to-date Costs/Estimates in the form of Reports/Bill of Quantities, issue monthly valuations, report all variations on a regular basis throughout the contract.
Respect, adhere and enhance Dornan’ reputation for safety, excellence and moral integrity, remaining vigilant to identify risk areas and opportunities in accordance with Contract(s), Group Policies and Procedures, Regulatory Practices, Code of Conduct & Ethics and Legislation.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Validate tender following award of project with the Project Manager/Director.
- In consultation with the Project Manager/Director, prepare the CCS for the project(s) and update regularly.
- Prepare cash flow by analysing the timing of billings and costs.
- Compile monthly reports in accordance with the Group standard procedures.
- Carry out monthly measure on site and prepare interim valuations to include all values relating to labour, materials, plant, equipment, and escalation.
- Monitor progress on site to ensure that, where applicable, claims for recovery of loss and expense are submitted on time and agreed with client – liaising with Project Manager and referring to the appropriate conditions of contract.
- Highlight to the Commercial Manager areas in which target cost and sales are not being achieved.
- Ensure that you attend monthly commercial and subcontractor meetings.
- Draft pre- and post-contract correspondence in consultation with the Project Manager/Director
- Identify if material purchases are scope or variation to the budget.
- Ensure control of client invoicing by submission of invoices and tracking of same
- Administer payments to subcontractors and suppliers by reviewing submissions in terms of their contracts.
- Liaise closely with the Financial Department on project reporting and financials.
- Resolve disputes in relation to client / subcontractor issues.
- Prepare reports on commercial and contractual issues for the Project and Commercial Managers.
- Monitor site procurement on receipt of regular reports.
- Occasionally lead projects.
- Assist with training and development of less-experienced quantity surveyors.
- Ensure that projects proceed with respect to the agreed contractual/optimal deadlines (giving ample notice to those involved if this looks unlikely, so that timely recovery strategies can be devised).
- Review contract specifications and scopes with stakeholders to identify risks or gaps in the project’s plan and support the Project Manager in the development and implementation of a risk management plan.
- Proactively manage and enact the change control process in order to maximize the commercial and operational benefit to the project.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering or Construction Management
- At least 5-7 Years’ experience in Quantity Surveying
- Working towards Chartership or Professional Quantity Surveying Certification
- Experience in Electrical & Instrumentation projects
- Industry experience in Biorefinery, Petrochemical, Oil and Gas is desirable however experience in pharmaceutical, will also be considered
- Experience in more than one facet of Project controls would be an advantage, ie project reporting, cost control, procurement, contract administration, construction management support
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building, social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing Advisor