Dornan are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer to work on site in Kildare
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring technical compliance with the relevant regulations and client specifications
- Ensure that the Health and Safety, Environment and quality procedures are followed, and adequate records maintained.
- Procurement of main plant and equipment
- Plan the development of the project, with the responsibility of operational engineering issues.
- To prepare reports and front-end studies including capital cost estimates, project schedules, material take off’s and out to tender schedules.
- To prepare of technical and contract documentation for issue and analysing returned tenders.
- Keeping up to date the delivery schedule to control deliveries
- Seeking to clarify queries with the Design team through the request for information (RFI) system
- Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports
- Producing look ahead programs to assist production.
- Preparing method statements and risk assessments (with construction team)
- Carrying out Quality Control through inspections and snagging
- Carrying out document control, recording & transmitting information
- Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical and commercial issues.
* BEng in Electrical Engineering
* Previous experience on Pharmaceutical/ Semiconductor/ Data Centre projects
* 6+ years’ experience
* Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
* Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
* Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
* Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
* Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor