Dornan are currently recruiting for a Senior BIM Engineer with a mechanical piping background to work in our Head Office in Little Island, Cork.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
Reporting to the Group BIM Manager, you will join a hard working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead Coordinator for industrial and commercial projects, liaising, collaborating and coordinating with BIM teams and piping design.
- Providing QAQC on piping models, drawings and isometrics
- Implementing best installation practices for piping and detailing prefabrication opportunities
- Developing models for prefabrication modules and skids
- Checking models for constructability and maintenance
- Checking GA drawings for design compliance
- Generation and checking of Fabrication Packs, GA's and Isometrics
- Produce weekly Updates of Navisworks Model and issue Clash Detection Reports
- Work with 3rd Party Contractors and designers to resolve Issues
- Co-ordinating with project site supervision and engineering team
- Lead and motivate BIM teams
- Degree, Diploma or Trade Qualified in an MEP Discipline
- 5-10 years’ experience in similar piping design role
- Proficient in Plant 3D or other similar piping design package
- Proficient in Navisworks and Autodesk 3D packages
- Excellent understanding piping design and plant layout
- Experience in leading and coordinating piping and supports
- Excellent communication skills
- People Management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor