Dornan are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical and Instrumentation Estimator to join our Estimating team; this role can be based in our Cork or Dublin office.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To prepare and collate tenders and source pre-project information by a given deadline.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive, and profitable estimates from enquiries stage to bid submission.
- Follow up on submitted tenders.
- Analysis of sub-contractor and vendor quotations, checking inclusions and exclusions.
- To deal with clients at post tender meetings and conduct presentations.
- Provide support and assistance to the wider estimating team.
- Attend tender and follow up meetings when required.
- All other reasonable tasks assigned to you from time to time from your manager.
Experience & Skills Required:
- 7+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in estimation of Electrical and Instrumentation projects is essential.
- Detailed knowledge of Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering systems
- Experience in taking high value projects from initial inception to construction hand over.
- Deadline driven and self-motivated
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor