Dornan is currently recruiting a Senior Electrical Engineer to support our Head Office Team.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, UK and mainland Europe.
Dornan deliver projects across many sectors including Pharmaceutical, Data Centres, Waste to Energy, Commercial and Petrochemical.
The successful candidate will work in our Engineering Team in Ireland, and will support projects across all of our locations, travel to site will also be required as necessary.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead Engineering Design and Design Management tasks on Projects as part of an integrated project team
- Design and specification of Electrical Engineering Solutions to current regulations and design standards
- Working directly with clients and project teams to define project requirements and develop technical solutions
- Develop and agree design processes and design deliverables
- Lead Pre-Construction Engineering activities and the production of information including, design development, construction details, services coordination, technical submittals, sub-contracts, etc.
- Assist in the continual improvement of the QA System and execute project reviews
- Provide technical support to the estimating, procurement, commercial, marketing and project bid teams
- Provide off site technical support to construction teams on projects, with travel to sites also required
Education and Experience Required:
- Third level diploma or degree in Electrical Engineering
- 9-10 years Relevant experience, ideally in a design / construction environment
- Strong technical ability in all aspects of Electrical Engineering Services and Design
- Proactive with a strong ability to work independently
- Knowledge and experience of current Design Guides, Codes of Practice, ETCI and or BS7671 Regulations, Building Regulations, EN Standards and IEC Standards
- Experience in Amtech, Dialux, Adobe Pro, Autodesk AutoCAD 2D and MS Office Suite Software preferred
- Experience of client, vendor and contractor interaction and management
- Proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Dornan are a successful company with repeat business from its clients.
- Dornan offer exciting opportunities and projects.
- Dornan provide a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor.