Dornan is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer to work in our central engineering team in Little Island, Cork.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supports Project Engineering teams and oversees electrical engineering development
- Working directly with clients and project teams to define project requirements and develop technical solutions and support project commercials
- Develop and agree design processes and design deliverables
- Lead Pre-Construction Engineering activities and the production of information including: design development, construction details, services coordination, technical submittals, sub-contracts, etc.
- Assist in the continual improvement of the QA System and execute project reviews
- Provide technical support to the estimating, procurement, commercial, marketing and project bid teams
- Provide off site technical support to construction teams on projects, with travel to sites also required
- Develop commissioning strategy and support commissioning and troubleshooting activities
- Interrogate the project design and identify Sustainable and Value Engineering Solutions
- Review Technical Submittals Library and update to latest developments
- Liaise with vendors, suppliers, sub-contractors, specialist designers, manufacturers, etc. with respect to the specification, validation, carbon footprint and value engineering of products and equipment to be supplied to the project
- Seek to clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system,
- Ensures that the technical issues are resolved without delay
- Process internal procurement from equipment enquires though requisitioning and monitoring manufacture through to delivery to site whilst maintaining a comprehensive audit train
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 8-10 years previous experience within the engineering and construction industry is desirable
- Strong technical ability in all aspects of Electrical Engineering and Construction Services
- Experience in Amtech, Dialux, Adobe Pro, Bluebeam, Navisworks, BIM360, BIMCollab and MS Office Suite Software
- Professionally Registered or working toward Professional Registration
- Good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional team
- Knowledge & experience of current Design Guides, Codes of Practice, IS and or BS Regulations, Building Regulations, EN Standards and IEC Standards, etc.
- Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team.
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within.
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD.
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events.
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor.