Dornan are currently recruiting for an Senior Mechanical Engineer to work at head office in London
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
You will join a hard working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Reporting to the Group Engineering Manager, the Senior Engineer will coordinate a project’s technical design with the on-site installation through to successful commissioning ensuring that the Dornan process vision, mission, and values are fulfilled.
To interface with the client’s representatives and the supply chain. They would work effectively with the project manager and project teams to review and manage project from inception to handover.
As a senior member of the team, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will be an exemplar ambassador for the company and its values, integrity, dependability, safety, pride, quality.
Overview of knowledge required:
* Detailed knowledge of the Engineering role
* At least 5 years’ experience in a construction management role on a pharmaceutical or Commercial projects preferably.
* Commercial understanding
* Excellent preconstruction and design experience
* Health, Safety and Environmental systems
* Knowledge of the teams’ strengths and weaknesses
* Manage a team of site-based engineers
Roles and responsibilities:
* Ensuring that the technical issues are resolved without delay.
* Process internal requisitioning and monitoring manufacture through to delivery to site whilst maintaining a comprehensive audit train
* Attend and record regular supply chain meetings to ensure that progress within the overall construction programme.
* Prepare risk assessments, method statements and all aspects relating to Health and Safety on site.
* Liaise with the design team and supply chain to ensure correct operation of the plant on site and successful handover.
* Monitor and record progress on site against the construction programme.
* Ensure that the Health and Safety, Environment and quality procedures are followed and adequate records maintained.
* Develop the project specific qualify plan.
* Undertake regular meetings with the supply chain to maintain progress are matched to the construction programme.
* To liaise with the project manager and prepare the project close out report.
* Review with the project manager the allocation of resources and to review progress.
* Review and ensure that the site-based personnel have the correct training and valid certificate for the project.
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor