Dornan are currently recruiting for an MEP Lead to work within a large project team in Belgium.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognized.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare of reports and front-end studies including capital cost estimates, project schedules, material take off’s and out to tender schedules.
- Prepare of technical and contract documentation for issue and analysing returned tenders.
- Keeping up to date the delivery schedule to control deliveries
- Seeking to clarify queries with the Design team through the request for information (RFI) system
- Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports
- Producing look ahead programs to assist production
- Preparing method statements and risk assessments for production activities
- Carrying out Quality Control through inspections and snagging
- Carrying out document control, recording & transmitting information
- Liaising and coordinating with clients, design team and contractors on technical and commercial issues.
- Taking responsibility for health and safety on site and leading by example
- Supervising construction activities, organizing workers plant, machinery and materials
- Coordinates with other crafts working on a job site to ensure smooth transitions along with Identifying materials and equipment that may be required
- Ensuring construction is carried out accurately, following plans and specifications
- Conducts quality control inspections on and off project sites
- Ensuring that contractor activities are properly coordinated
- Ensuring that tasks are completed on time and to the required quality standards
- Analyses and quickly resolves any work problems and may arise and ensures that all deficiencies on any given project are corrected in a timely manner
- Ensuring handover documentation is presented in a specific format and timelines
- Maintaining detailed and accurate site reports
- Communicating project progress to key stakeholders, such as the client, architects, engineers
- 5 plus years experience in a package manager or construction manager role
- Ability to manage subcontractors
- Technical Understanding of Mechanical HVAC Systems
- Proactive people management skills
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor