Dornan are now inviting applications from Senior Planners, this role would be based in Belgium working as part of a large project team.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
Roles and responsibilities:
Project Planning using Primavera P6 or ASTA PowerProject
Experienced using LastPlanner
Organise, drive & partcipate in interactive Planning Sessions as required
Develop EPCMV schedlues, including Engineering, Pre-Construction, Construction and Commissioning Programmes as part of the overall project delivery
Development of the Project Controls Systems specific to the Project
- Setup WBS
- Set up Progress Measurement System (PMS)
- Develop the Schedule, S-Curves and Manpower Histograms
- Monitoring schedule to furnish realistic status information for overall project performance.
- Analysing actual data against plans, identifying significant variances and/or trends.
- Preparing forecasts of project cost at completion and project completion date.
- Cost & Resource loading of programs (as required)
- Baseline the Schedule
- Implementing the Project Controls system:
Progress Measuring of all works, Direct & Sub-Contract, using the Dornan bespoke Progress Measurement System
Monitoring of Labour man hours & Analyse Labour Efficiencies
Update the Schedule in Primavera/ASTA
Report earned value for construction physical progress based on the work-in-place (quantities installed) determined against the major work effort
Systems Turnover Tracking
Monitor delays & client Notifications as required
Monthly Project Reporting to Senior Management
You will be responsible to integrate our cost trending activities throughout the execution of the project. The most important goal of cost trending is to communicate status and changes that are affecting the estimate
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree or trade qualified in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Expert knowledge in Primavera P6 & Asta Powerproject
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor