Dornan are currently recruiting for a Senior/Intermediate Planner to work on a Mechanical Project in Kilkenny.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Senior Planner will be responsible for all aspects of Planning and Scheduling on a project including execution of the schedule from commencement to completion of works.
In addition, the Senior Planner will be responsible for the establishment & implementation of Dornan’s standard Project Controls Procedures & Systems applicable to the project scope, and any client specified planning related deliverables.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project Planning using Primavera P6 or ASTA PowerProject
- Develop Pre-Construction, Construction and Commissioning Program’s as part of the Dornan project team.
- Development of the Project Controls Systems specific to the Project:
- Setup WBS
- Set up Progress Measurement System (PMS)
- Develop the Schedule, S-Curves and Manpower Histograms
- Cost Loading of Programs (as required)
- Baseline the Schedule
- Implementing the Project Controls system
- Progress Measuring of all works, Direct & Sub-Contract, using the Dornan bespoke PMS
- Monitoring of Labour man hours & Analyse Labour Efficiencies
- Update the Schedule in Primavera/ASTA
- Systems Turnover Tracking
- Monitor delays & client Notifications as required
- Monthly Project Reporting to Senior Management
- Project Reports
- Detailed knowledge of the Planner role
- Commercial understanding
- Health, Safety and Environmental systems
- Knowledge of BIM & Engineering Process particularly at Pre-Construction Stage
- Knowledge & understanding of QA handover Process and Commissioning (Cx) at project turnover stage.
- Knowledge of the team’s strengths and weaknesses
- Mechanical, Pharmaceutical experience desired but not essential
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor