Dornan are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on a Pharmaceutical project in the Leinster region.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
You will join an already well-established team and you will be responsible for the overall commercial control in your business area.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement projects commercial and contractual strategy
- Develop, negotiate, and manage all commercial agreements/contracts to mitigate risk and optimise opportunities
- Utilise professional experience to verify, oversee, negotiate and/or approve commercial agreements with clients and third parties
- Lead the commercial teams and ensure the effective collation of data and information, provide analysis and reporting in a timely and periodic manner
- Review contract specifications, works with stakeholders (PM/PD) to identify risks or gaps in the Project Plan and support Project Managers in the development and implementation of Risk Management Plans
- Maintain good relations and facilitate exchange of information between company and client and internally to assure alignment of strategic objectives
- Ensure the CCS reporting is formulated accurately and submitted on time
- Manage the close of completed projects to the best commercial advantage of the company
- Providing a positive contribution towards your team’s performance and development by setting objectives, monitoring performance, identifying formal training gaps and acting as a coach/mentor
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or related qualification
- 7+ years Quantity Surveying experience
- EPC project and Electrical project experience is essential
- Experience in Engineering Change Management is essential
- Excellent understanding of Project Planning, Project Execution and HSE policies and procedures that apply to assignments.
- Sound Contractual awareness
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor