Dornan are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on a Pharmaceutical project in the Munster area.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Preparation & Analysis of Project Budgets and Commercial Forecasts
- Preparation and Analysis of Claims to/ from Clients and Contractors
- Project Risk Analysis and Mitigation in conjunction with Project Management Team.
- Review of Subcontract and Purchase Order terms for compliance with the Prime Contract and internal policies & procedures.
- Preparation of Commercial Reports and presentation to Senior Management
- Tender Preparation, Rate Build-ups, Tender Administration
- Preparation and agreement of monthly progress payment applications and ensuring prompt payment
- Assessment and management of subcontractors and their contracts
- Review of Contract Modifications and negotiations with client contract managers
- Develop, negotiate, and manage all commercial agreements/contracts to mitigate risk and optimise opportunities
- Utilise professional experience to verify, oversee, negotiate and/or approve commercial agreements with clients and third parties
- Review contract specifications, works with stakeholders to identify risks or gaps in the Project Plan and support Project Managers in the development and implementation of Risk Management Plans
- Ensure the CCS reporting is formulated accurately and submitted on time
- Manage the close of completed projects to the best commercial advantage of the company
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or related qualification
- 8+ years Quantity Surveying experience , ideally on electrical projects
- Pharmaceutical or industrial experience is desirable
- Excellent understanding of Project Planning, Project Execution and HSE policies and procedures that apply to assignments.
- Sound Contractual awareness
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor