Dornan is recruiting for a Planning Lead/ Manager for our landmark Netherlands Project.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
Reporting to the Group Planning Director, the Planning Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of Planning and Scheduling on a suite of projects including execution of the schedule from commencement to completion of works.
The role is based in our Head Office, and will also require site visits.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Project Planning using Primavera P6 or ASTA PowerProject
- Develop Pre-Construction, Construction and Commissioning Programs as part of the Dornan project team
- Development of the Project Controls Systems specific to the projects, including setting up WBS, Progress Measurement System, developing S-Curves, cost loading, and baselining schedules
- Progress Measuring of all works, direct and sub-contract, using the Dornan bespoke PMS, including monitoring labour hours and analysing efficiencies, updating schedule in Primavera or ASTA, system turnover tracking, monitoring delays, notifying clients of delays, monthly reporting to management and project reports
- Functional Management of project planning teams
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Solid Mechanical and Electrical construction experience, ideally in data centre and pharmaceutical projects
- Knowledge and experience of Delay Analysis Techniques
- Solid commercial understanding
- Health, Safety and Environmental systems
- Knowledge of BIM and Engineering Process particularly at Pre-Construction Stage
- Knowledge and understanding of QA handover Process and Commissioning (Cx) at project turnover stage.
- People Management skills
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor