Dornan are currently recruiting for a Plant Shift Operator to work on site.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Overview of knowledge required:
- The Shift Plant Operator (SPO) will be responsible for the safe, efficient and reliable operation of the Steam Turbine, Steam Boiler and Steam auxiliary and ancillary plant used to support the burning of RDF for the production of power.
- As a member of the team, the Shift Plant Operator will be an exemplar ambassador for the company and its values; integrity, dependability, safety, pride, quality.
- Detailed knowledge of the Shift Plant Operator role
- Commercial understanding
- Health, Safety and Environmental systems
- Knowledge of the teams strengths and weaknesses
- Roles and responsibilities:
- Adhering to all Baddesley O&M Ltd policies and procedures at all times
- Promoting an excellent safety culture on site
- Contractor engagement and supervision on site
- Ensuring fuel stocks are controlled
- Awareness of the use of consumables
- Shift cover in the event of sickness or training
- Optimisation of plant performance
- Plant parameters monitoring
- Accurate record keeping
- Environmental reporting of incidents to line management
- Managing housekeeping
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor