Baddesley O&M Ltd (BOM), a subsidiary of Dornan Engineering is currently recruiting a Shift Team Leader for our Power Plant in Warwickshire.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the safe, efficient and reliable operation of the newly built installation encompassing the fuel supply cranes, steam turbine, steam boiler and steam auxiliary systems, flue gas treatment, water treatment, power unit and ancillary plant used to support the burning of RDF for the production of power.
Potential candidates would be expected to have a positive attitude, be flexible with a hands-on approach. You would be expected to work closely with the Plant Manager, Maintenance Manager and the wider Operations team and have a strong role in the implementation of the plant-scheduled maintenance. You will be able to demonstrate extensive experience in the operation and maintenance of large steam boiler plant, generation, Flue Gas Treatment, SSOW, CEMS equipment and all other associated auxiliary systems.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the site Environmental Permits;
- Operate / monitor plant from the SCADA system, operate plant and equipment as required by the operational demands of the facility;
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels and produce clear, concise reports;
- Good team worker and the ability to work unsupervised;
- Appropriate IT skills (competent user of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word etc);
- Be able to implement emergency procedures and instructions calmly and effectively in pressure situations;
- Supervise and deploy resource as appropriate to ensure cost effective, safe and efficient operation of all activities on site within all operational procedures, and also in emergency situations;
- Provide technical supervision and assistance where necessary for Company and contract staff engaged in work at the Facility;
- Input into the plant maintenance procedures and be fully conversant with the CMMS to help plan future maintenance activities;
- Responsibility for the management and issuing of all Permit to work activities, including isolating and locking off mechanical and electrical systems to provide safety from the system in line with Baddesley O&M safety procedures;
- Provide effective training and mentoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties;
- Provide effective administration and work within the Company Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Systems;
- Liaise with other Company staff as required to provide efficient work scheduling and planning to ensure minimum turnaround times during plant outages;
- Assist and advise with plant improvements and modifications;
- Carry out other reasonable tasks and duties as requested by management.
- An experienced Engineer / Technician ideally having completed a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship / Training;
- HNC/ONC/NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering discipline;
- IOSH or similar Health & Safety qualification;
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- You will be able to demonstrate extensive experience in the operation and maintenance of large steam boiler plant, generation, Flue Gas Treatment, SSOW, CEMS equipment and all other associated auxiliary systems.
- Broad experience gained through the Operation of Power Generation / EFW or similar process with high-pressure steam plant process;
- Knowledge of environmental compliance and regulatory requirements;
- Experience of managing a Permit to Work System;
- Strong knowledge of Safe Systems of Work;
- Experience in SCADA, DCS control systems;
- Ability to lead an operations shift team to ensure adherence with procedures and effective utilization of staff;
- HV Authorized Person or experience would be advantageous;
- Supervision of sub-contractors whilst carrying out scheduled maintenance or Outage periods;
- Management or supervisory experience preferred.
- You will be working a 4 on, 4 off, 12hr shift pattern (2 days 7am – 7pm / 2 nights 7pm – 7am) then 4 days off. Rotation for 7 weeks. Then two weeks of Monday to Friday day shifts, and then start on the 4 on 4 off again.