Dornan is now inviting applications for a Sustainability Engineer, with a proven track record in construction to lead and drive our projects.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Commercial, Data Centre and Waste to Energy.
About the Role:
- Reporting to the Group Engineering Director, the successful candidate will support delivery of our target to net zero carbon and our approach to sustainable construction.
- Dornan are looking to deliver success in this field and obtain measurable results that will enable us to be a leader in the construction industry, whilst reducing costs.
- The Sustainability role will assist our Sustainability lead when assessing new potential projects, ensuring sustainability is part of our core values.
- We are looking for an engineer both passionate and practical and with the drive to ensure Dornan are at the forefront of sustainability in construction.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Experience on science-based targets and mapping the best route to success;
- Assessment of options for projects in terms of net zero opportunities;
- Development of policies and processes that will support our sustainability goals;
- Develop sustainable practical and workable execution plans for our projects and support our client’s sustainable targets and goals across biodiversity, waste, water and energy efficiency;
- Establish opportunities to avail of financing for sustainable initiatives;
- Continuously assessing and identifying new strategic opportunities;
- In conjunction with our clients and the engineering team, develop sustainable solutions, with applicable costings, for our projects;
- Identify methods for the company to execute its commitments on waste reduction;
- Monitor legal compliance and industry best practice;
- Provide guidance on latest developments from industry bodies, institutions, and networks;
- Support and take direction from the group engineering director.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical, Sustainable, Electrical Engineering or equivalent essential.
- Minimum 2 years of design/construction experience essential.
- 3D literate using the latest software platforms.
- Flexibility to travel to our various project and client locations across Ireland, the UK and Europe to support implementation the plan, aiding and assisting the site teams, subcontractors and supply chain.
- Knowledge of commissioning.
- Knowledgeable on Health, Safety and Environmental systems.
- Commercial understanding.
- Interest in furthering your expertise.
- Dornan are a well-established company.
- Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within.
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD.
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events.
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor.