Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
We are now inviting applications for a Sustainability Lead, with a proven track record in construction to lead and drive these projects.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
This role can be based in either our Cork or Dublin offices and will require travel to project sites.
About the Role:
- Reporting to the Group Engineering Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the roadmap, our target to net zero carbon and our approach to sustainable construction.
- Dornan are looking to deliver success in this field and obtain measurable results that will enable us to be a leader in the construction industry, whilst reducing costs.
- The Sustainability Lead will be Dornan’s sustainability expert when assessing new potential projects, ensuring sustainability is part of our core values.
- We are looking for an experienced engineer that has been to the forefront of sustainability in construction that can demonstrate measurable results in their career.
- Advising on the capability of committing to science-based targets and mapping the best route to success;
- Assessment of options for projects in terms of net zero opportunities;
- Development of policies and processes that will support our goals;
- Develop sustainable practical and workable execution plans for our projects and support our client’s sustainable targets and goals across biodiversity, waste, water and energy efficiency;
- Establish opportunities to avail of financing for sustainable solution;
- Continuously assessing and identifying new strategic opportunities;
- In conjunction with our clients and the engineering team, develop sustainable solutions, with applicable costings, for our projects;
- Ensure the company executes its commitments on waste reduction;
- Monitor legal compliance and industry best practice;
- Provide guidance on latest developments from industry bodies, institutions, and networks and;
- Support and take direction from the Group Engineering Director.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical, Sustainable, Electrical Engineering or equivalent essential.
- Minimum 5 years of design and construction experience essential.
- 3D literate using the latest software platforms.
- Capability to work with and educate the site teams, procurement, engineering, and department heads to implement the processes and measurements we need to execute the strategy.
- Engage with our clients, understand their strategies, and present our roadmap to them.
- Regularly travel to our various project and client locations across Ireland, the UK and Europe to implement the plan, aiding and assisting the site teams, subcontractors and supply chain to implement the processes and achieve the targets set.
- Knowledge of commissioning.
- Knowledgeable on Health, Safety and Environmental systems.
- Commercial understanding.
- Interest in furthering your expertise.
- Dornan are a well-established company.
- Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within.
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD.
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events.
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing Advisor.