Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
We are now inviting applications for a Sustainability Manager, with a proven track record in construction to lead and drive these projects.
About the Role:
- Reporting to the Group Engineering Director, the successful candidate will will be responsible for defining the roadmap, managing our target to net zero carbon and our approach to sustainable construction.
- Dornan are looking to deliver success in this field and obtain measurable results that will enable us to be a leader in the construction industry, whilst reducing costs.
- The Sustainability Manager will be Dornan’s sustainability expert when assessing new potential projects, ensuring sustainability is part of our core values.
- We are looking for an experienced engineer that has been to the forefront of sustainability in construction that can demonstrate measurable results in their career.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Advising on the capability of committing to science-based targets and mapping the best route to success;
- Assessment of options for projects in terms of net zero opportunities;
- Development of policies and processes that will support our goals;
- Develop sustainable practical and workable execution plans for our projects and support our client’s sustainable targets and goals across biodiversity, waste, water and energy efficiency;
- Establish opportunities to avail of financing for sustainable solution;
- Continuously assessing and identifying new strategic opportunities;
- In conjunction with our clients and the engineering team, develop sustainable solutions, with applicable costings, for our projects;
- Ensure the company executes its commitments on waste reduction;
- Monitor legal compliance and industry best practice;
- Provide guidance on latest developments from industry bodies, institutions, and networks and;
- Support and take direction from the group engineering director.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical, Sustainable, Electrical Engineering or equivalent essential.
- Minimum 10 years of design and construction experience essential.
- 3D literate using the latest software platforms.
- Capability to work with and educate the site teams, procurement, engineering, and department heads to implement the processes and measurements we need to execute the strategy.
- Engage with our clients, understand their strategies, and present our roadmap to them.
- Regularly travel to our various project and client locations across Ireland, the UK and Europe to implement the plan, aiding and assisting the site teams, subcontractors and supply chain to implement the processes and achieve the targets set.
- Knowledge of commissioning.
- Knowledgeable on Health, Safety and Environmental systems.
- Commercial understanding.
- Interest in furthering your expertise.
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team.
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within.
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD.
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events.
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor.