Dornan are currently recruiting for a Telecoms Engineer to work on our newly awarded Project in the amazing top ten cities to live - The Netherlands.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Reporting to the Lead Engineer and Project Manager, plan the development of the project, with the responsibility of operational engineering issues. Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical and commercial issues.
As a member of the team, the Engineer will be an exemplar ambassador for the company and its values, integrity, dependability, safety, pride, and quality.
Overview of Knowledge Required:
- Detailed knowledge of the Engineering role.
- Commercial understanding.
- Health, Safety and Environmental systems.
- Knowledge of the team’s strengths and weaknesses.
- This role would suit someone just above a Graduate position with a couple of years industry experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Preparing method statements and risk assessments (with construction team) for production activities.
* Prepare reports and front-end studies including capital cost estimates, project schedules, material take-off and tender schedules.
* Prepare technical and contract documentation for issue and analysing returned tenders.
* Keeping up to date the delivery schedule to control deliveries.
* Seeking to clarify queries with the Design team through request for information (RFI) system.
* Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports.
* Producing look ahead programs to assist production.
* Carrying out Quality Control through inspections and snagging.
* Carrying out document control, recording & transmitting information.
* All other reasonable tasks assigned to you from time to time from your manager.
Behaviours and Attitudes Required:
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Recognises own strengths and weaknesses and committed to ongoing development.
- Acceptance of responsibility and accountability.
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team.
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within.
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD.
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events.
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing advisor.
These are great opportunities to travel and work on high profile exciting projects, where you will experience working in diverse teams in some of Europe’s most vibrant cities. Here at Dornan, we have a fantastic company culture and environment, that’s why we are an award-winning employer.
We provide accommodation, transport and rotation flights for overseas candidates, as well as a living allowance.